Total Motivation ELA addresses 100% of the California Common Core State Standards and prepares students to excel on Smarter Balanced assessments by building their critical thinking skills.
Raise the bar with Total Motivation ELA—a rigorous and comprehensive resource that delivers proven content in both print and online formats for English Language Arts instruction. By engaging students with high-interest reading selections, Total Motivation ELA helps students progress beyond comprehension to build critical analysis skills and strong vocabularies.
Create Avid Readers and Writers
- High-interest literary and informational texts introduce cross-curricular connections in social studies and science.
- Opportunities for open-response and creative thinking require students to engage in careful, reflective thought, a vital process in building literacy.
- An extensive list of literature related to each unit’s content provides opportunities for read-alouds, independent reading, and student research.
- Suggested Parent Activities extend learning beyond the classroom.
- This solution provides a complete alignment with the California English Language Development Standards and the California CCSS, as well as strategies for teachers to implement the standards as they plan and instruct.
The Teacher Edition complements any existing curriculum or scope and sequence to fill learning gaps and increase rigor.
- Equips teachers with in‐depth knowledge of the standards with each standard unpacked and explained in detail.
- Provides access to the best research‐based strategies and classroom activities—all in one resource.
The Student Edition provides teachers with a valuable resource to support guided practice, group activities, or one‐on‐one instruction—in print and online.
- Enables students to master the standards with relevant content that integrates formative assessments and supports cross‐curricular connections.
- Encourages higher‐level thinking skills with embedded critical thinking applications.
- Provides differentiated instruction based on the needs of your students.
Real‐time progress monitoring eliminates the guesswork and:
- Allows educators to monitor student progress at the individual, school, and district level.
- Identifies learning gaps—understand what your students know and what they still need to learn.
- Pinpoints the students who require intervention to provide immediate support.
* Minimum order of 25 Students Editions per subject and level required.
** Student and Teacher pricing includes one print edition and an annual Motivation Online license for the applicable school year. One Teacher Edition with Motivation Online license is included with each purchase for 25 students.