Get Started with ThinkUp!
ThinkUp! Math, ELAR, Science, and Writing integrate critical thinking into TEKS instruction to support standards mastery and cultivate critical thinkers.
Click HERE to register to receive implementation support and other great resources throughout the year.
The 9 Traits of Critical ThinkingOur goal is to take the guesswork out of critical thinking instruction, so we’ve embedded opportunities for deeper thinking throughout our TEKS-aligned student resources and provided teachers with instructional strategies that promote student thinking and questioning. Each and every resource we’ve published is research-based, filled with classroom-tested strategies, and developed by former educators.For more information or to download a 9 Traits classroom poster, click here.
The Components of ThinkUp!While the individual components and instruction will vary with each subject area, all ThinkUp! curricula follow the same five sections that are each designed with a specific purpose and provide a variety of tools to help you deliver effective TEKS-based instruction to your students.
- Getting Started: The purpose of the Getting Started section is to introduce the unit focus TEKS and Critical Thinking Traits that support students as they learn, practice, and master the TEKS concepts.
- Instruction: The purpose of the Instruction section is to provide an explanation for students and teachers of the unit focus TEKS, to identify essential vocabulary, and to provide activities and practice items to assist in moving closer to the goal of student mastery of the TEKS.
- Assessment: The purpose of the Assessment section is to provide students with opportunities to apply the unit focus TEKS/concept in a context that mimics high-stakes testing.
- Intervention: The purpose of the Intervention section is to provide engaging instructional activities that support students who have demonstrated the need for intervention in order to show mastery of the unit focus TEKS concepts.
- Extension: The purpose of the Extension section is to provide students opportunities to relate, explore, or extend the learning of the unit focus TEKS/concept in a new context.
ThinkUp! Digital Options
ThinkUp! is available in print, digital, or a print + digital bundle. If you are uncertain which version your campus has purchased (or whether you have digital access), please contact your campus administrator responsible for ordering ThinkUp! All print-only purchases still include access to e-Books for whiteboard functionality and downloadable pre-assessments and answer keys.
Purchased Digital or the Print + Digital Bundle? Click HERE for more information and registration instructions.
ThinkUp! Answer Keys & Codings and Pre-AssessmentsTo keep ThinkUp! streamlined, we have migrated several tools from your teacher edition to k12.mentoringminds.com – the same place you access your teacher and student edition for whiteboard functionality. If you aren’t sure if you have an account, go here to learn about online options and registration.
To access ThinkUp! Coded Answer Keys and Pre-Assessments, please follow the below instructions:
- Login to k12.mentoringminds.com.
- Click on Curriculum in the menu at the top of the page.
- Choose your title from the drop-down menu.
- Once a title is selected, a list of units and resources of that ThinkUp! title will populate.
- Find the unit you are working on, and click on it to view a list of all available resources.