1 min Read
Administrator Tips | Mentoring Minds
Administrator Tips | Start off the year by maintaining a positive school climate
- Remembering what it was like to be a teacher – We were all teachers before we were administrators. Be empathetic when teachers come to you and ask for help.
- Knowing your staff – Everyone has important gifts to share. Find these gifts by taking time to get to know each staff member.
- Being approachable – Let teachers know that you feel they are important and that you believe in them!
- Keeping staff members informed – Keep staff members informed about policies, procedures, school goals, and district goals. Let them know how they can help in reaching the goals of the school/district.
- Understanding instruction – Understand new methods used by teachers. Be actively involved in professional development provided to your staff.