The Mentoring Minds™ T-TESS Flip Chart® is a resource for educators as they implement the Texas appraisal instrument, Texas Teacher Evaluation and Support System (T-TESS). The state-recommended system fosters growth by encouraging all educators to intentionally think about educational practices. Focusing on the four domains of T-TESS and the dimensions within each, teachers and leaders collaborate before instruction to plan student-centered lessons, reflect on student learning and engagement, and set goals for growth and continuous improvement. The process helps educators evaluate current practices, identify goals, and track progress toward meeting goals during the year. Educators may use this flip chart to:
- develop a growth mindset.
- stimulate conversations about lesson design.
- focus on student outcomes.
- set instructional goals.
- monitor progress toward goal attainment.
- identify professional development that leads to refinement and reinforcement of goals.
- increase conversation and collaboration about student achievement.
- promote self-reflection and a commitment to growth.
- create a culture of continuous improvement.
Note: The contents of this resource, while reflective of the T-TESS, are not intended to replace materials provided by a district or the Texas Education Agency (TEA). Neither TEA nor any TEA employee has approved, reviewed, or endorsed this resource.