- How is student data used in Motivation Online?
- How is student data NOT used in Motivation Online??
- What data is collected in Motivation Online?
- What data is NOT collected in Motivation Online?
- What is FERPA and why is FERPA important?
- What is COPPA and why is COPPA important?
- How can I contact Mentoring Minds?
How is student data used in Motivation Online?
- Student data will only be used for educational purposes, including following:
- Data on how students respond to assignments and/or assessments in Total Motivation is used for teacher and administrator reporting and analysis.
- The data is used to improve the user experience (e.g. navigation, online interface, etc.) with Motivation Online.
- The data is used to improve the overall quality of the Total Motivation series (wording of questions, standards mapping, etc.)
How is student data NOT used in Motivation Online?
At Mentoring Minds, we pledge that student data will NEVER be sold and will NEVER be shared with a third party, with the exception of Motivation Online developers.
What data is collected in Motivation Online?
- In order to provide you with a dynamic online experience, we collect the following data:
- Student name
- Student user ID
- Student password
- Student grade
- Student class/teacher assignments
- Student responses to the assignments and/or assessments in the Total Motivation series Motivation Online does not build unauthorized student profiles. Any collected information is used for educational purposes only.
What data is NOT collected in Motivation Online?
- Social security numbers/student ID
- Special education status
- Ethnicity and socioeconomic data
- Discipline/behavior data
- Health information
- Free and reduced lunch status
- Student performance data from any other program
What is FERPA and why is FERPA important?
FERPA is the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act, a federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. It is an important piece of legislation ensuring proper use of student data. Mentoring Minds is committed to following FERPA and protecting student information.
What is COPPA and why is COPPA important?
COPPA is the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, a federal law dictating what information websites can collect from children under the age of 13. Mentoring Minds strictly adheres to COPPA for all of its web sites.
To remain current and in compliance with all privacy laws, we may update this policy from time to time. We will always be sure to include the date it was altered so you know when the changes were made.
How can I contact Mentoring Minds?