Create a Student Account
With teacher guidance, students can create their own student account for Total Motivation. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions.
Note: If you want staff to create student accounts, learn about 3 ways to add users.
Create Class Sign-Up Code
Before asking students to create an account, the teacher needs to create a class sign-up code. During the student self-registration process, students will be prompted to enter the 6-digit sign-up code provided by the teacher. You can find this sign-up code in the Management drop-down under Classes” from your Teacher Dashboard. Each class will have a unique sign-up code.
Set Guidelines for User IDs and Passwords*
Before facilitating student self-registration, teachers should guide students on appropriate user IDs and passwords, keeping in mind the following guidelines:
- Each user ID must be unique
- Do not use email addresses as students’ user IDs
- Do not use the same password for multiple students
- Passwords cannot be the same as the user ID
- Passwords must have 6 or more characters (there are no prohibited characters)
- Passwords are not case sensitive—upper and lower case letters are accepted
- Any spaces at the beginning or end of a password will be removed
Remember to have students save their user ID and password in a secure location. If a student ever forgets the password, click “Forgot User ID or Password?” from the log in screen to set a new one.
*If you plan to connect to your Clever account, be sure that student User IDs and passwords match log-in credentials for Clever.
Instructions for Students
Once you have created a class sign-up code and given guidelines for user IDs and passwords, students can follow these steps on their own with minimal teacher guidance.
- Go to mentoringmindsonline.com on a desktop or tablet
- Click Register Now and select Student
- Enter the sign-up code and click Next
- Enter the following information and click Next
—First, middle (optional), and last name
—Grade level (choose from the drop-down menu)
—Retype the password to confirm it
- Enter user ID and password to log in
- Wait for teacher instruction to access assignments