Getting Started: Administrators
Step 1. Designate Your Total Motivation Champion
Choose someone to lead the implementation of Motivation Online.
- Submit your Total Motivation Champions and Users.
- Email your teachers to explain how to get started and whom to turn to with questions.
Step 2. Technology Check
Step 3. Register
Step 4. Add Students and Set Up Classes
Choose one of three ways:
- Administrators import students.
- Teachers create classes and then add students.
- Students self-register using class codes.
Step 5. Support Your Teachers
Troubleshoot technical issues and monitor Motivation Online usage to make sure teachers are getting the most out of this resource. Need more help? Our Customer Service team is ready to support your implementation. If you are having trouble with any aspect of Total Motivation, contact Customer Service:
Getting Started: Teachers
Step 1. Inventory Your Resources
Total Motivation includes a Teacher Edition and Student Edition. Every class should have:
- A Teacher Edition book, which also includes a registration card on the front cover for online access
- A Student Edition book for each participating student
Step 2. Enroll Online
Motivation Online is included with your purchase. If you would like to access the online content:
- First check with your administrator: some schools prefer to import all students at the same time, while others have individual teachers import their students.
- Follow the directions on the online registration card affixed to your Teacher Edition to complete online registration.
- Import your students (if not completed by your administrator).
- In Motivation Online, click on the green Resources button in the upper right corner of the login screen or select the green Help button. View the available tutorial videos for self-guided training on the online functions of Total Motivation.
Step 3. Review the Teacher Edition
The Teacher Edition is the key to unlocking the full potential of Total Motivation and is designed for flexible implementation. Lesson plans can be designed to supplement existing lessons or to use for enrichment and intervention opportunities for students. Activities not initially selected for lesson use can be used later to “loop” concepts or to provide further development of the lesson objective. To become familiar with the Teacher Edition, please access the print or online version and complete the following:
- Read the introductory information that immediately follows the Table of Contents of the Teacher Edition
- Select a unit/module and read the instructional activities provided for each section
Step 4. Review the Student Edition
When you have gained an understanding of the Teacher Edition design and components, we suggest you review the corresponding unit/module in the Student Edition. The various activities and formative assessments demonstrate how the Teacher and Student Editions can be used in conjunction to support instruction.
Step 5. Lesson Plan Development
The full value of Total Motivation is experienced when the Teacher and Student Editions are used collectively to plan effective and engaging lessons.
- Refer to your district scope and sequence to determine the standards to be addressed. Locate the unit(s)/module(s) that address targeted standards.
- Review the strategies, activities, vocabulary terms, and suggested formative assessments in the Teacher Edition and the activities in the Student Edition.
- Collaborate with your grade-level colleagues to plan appropriate standards-based instruction.
Customer Service and Support Need more help?
Our Customer Service team is ready to support your implementation. If you are having trouble with any aspect of Total Motivation, contact Customer Service: